This is my entry for a event
Cook with ajwain seeds cook with ajwain seeds
complete my thali event complete my thali event
In indian cuisine ajwain is very commonly used seed.It is also used as a remedy for stomach and gastric problems as it helps in digestion .
Arbi/taro root/colocasia- 4 medium size
Ajwain seeds-1 tbsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
garlic-1 tsp(finely chopped)
Ginger -1 tsp(finely chopped)
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup(finely chopped)
- Pressure cook arbi for 2 whistle in enough water.
- Cool it and peel the skin off.
- Cut in cubes,halves or as desired shape.
- (optional step)Heat oil in a pan.Shallow fry or deep fry arbi if u dont like the stickyness of it.
- Heat oil in the same pan.Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,let them pop up...then add ajwain seeds.
- Add chopped garlic,ginger,green chillies.
- Add turmeric powder and frequently add arbi into it.Sprinkle salt and mix.
- If ur not frying arbi on optonal step then now on medium-high heat crisp it for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.